© 2004-2023 Veriditas & The Labyrinth Society. All Rights Reserved.
- Simplified results:
1 labyrinths found. Showing 1-1. Sorted by country, state, city, then zip/postal code.
ID#1071 Chartres Cathedral
- Church or Place of Worship
photo: Jeff Saward/Labyrinthos
- 16 Cloître Notre Dame
France view map
- Situated in the nave of the Cathedral
- The labyrinth in Chartres Cathedral is usually covered with chairs. The schedule changes from year to year but in the recent past the labyrinth has been uncovered and available to walk most Fridays from approximately 10:00 am (after morning mass & lauds) until 5:30 pm (before evening mass) starting in Lent (March or April) through All Saints Day (October). The labyrinth is not open on Good Friday, during certain pilgrimage times in May, during one Friday in September (which changes from year to year depending on the concert schedule), or during certain cathedral events that are scheduled at the last moment, such as funerals, etc.
- Donations towards upkeep of the Cathedral always welcomed
- Stone pavement
- 12.887 x 12.903 metres - 42 feet 3 3/8 inches x 42 feet 4 inches
- Date installed:
- The first decades of the 13th century, c.1200-1220 CE
- 48.447482° Lat.; 1.487605° Long.