© 2004-2021 Veriditas & The Labyrinth Society. All Rights Reserved.
- Santa Fe Community Yoga Center
- Simplified results:
1 labyrinths found. Showing 1-1. Sorted by country, state, city, then zip/postal code.
ID#7330 Santa Fe Community Yoga Center
- Public Building, Library, Community Centre; Spa or Treatment Centre
- 826 Camino de Monte Rey, Suite B1
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
United States view map
- This labyrinth was originally created by Michael Maitreya Hopp, Santa Fe Community Yoga's founder, and volunteers as a memorial to the trees which passed during bark beetle epidemic. It was built when the bark beetle was starting to do some serious damage to our beautiful piñon, in the late 1990s. It is constructed out of mostly pine and some cedar wood cuts, and is maintained by volunteers at SFCY. Yoga students tend to walk it contemplatively before or after class, and many visitors also come by as they walk their dogs through the neighboring arroyo path. There is a small altar in the center where some leave rocks and other sweet offerings from time to time. The labyrinth sits in front of a beautiful artistic mural, created by Viktoria Shushan, which depicts people doing classic yoga poses, with stars and galaxies painted inside of the outlines of their form. There is plenty of parking beside it, and respectful visitors are welcome to stop by.
- Phone: 505-820-9363
- Always open
- mostly pine and some cedar wood cuts
- Michael Maitreya Hopp
- c. 33 feet diameter
- Date installed:
- late 1990's
- 35.664633° Lat.; -105.95839° Long.